![]() |
| Party's over... so sad! |
Mr. Howell and I have always enjoyed having friends over to our home. Through two apartments and four houses, we've thrown "Howell-iday" parties, hosted game nights, made brunches, and smoked countless briskets in the backyard. Now that we have kids, the parties start and end earlier (usually after nap until bedtime), but we still enjoy hosting and the boys do too!
This past weekend, under threat of rain, we moved our playgroup Easter party and potluck to our house. It ended up being a better situation all around. The adults got to drink (score!) and the kids had the run of the house and yard.
I love watching my little family in social situations like this.
Joe is our greeter. He typically camps out by the door and welcomes guests (loudly) to his house. He'll give you a run down of who is already here and point you towards the kitchen or playroom. He's also a terrific toy-sharer.
Makes a mama proud.
Mr. Howell is our food and beverage man. He'll make sure you have plenty to eat and a cold beer in hand (and a coozie to keep it that way). He is also a small-talk expert. He loves learning about people's backgrounds and sharing some of his "best material." (I can't tell you how many times I've heard his pirate joke. I still laugh... or at least smile and roll my eyes.)
Makes a wife giddy.
Will is an all-around laid back and low maintenance party participant. Seriously. You can't get this kid down at a party. At four months, he slept for 2 hours in his baby swing in the middle of a loud party. Now, at the ripe old age of nine months, he'll hang with anyone. Just plop him down in the middle of a group and he'll coo and laugh and clap. And you'll fall in love with that blue-eyed charmer.
Makes a mama smile.
I don't mind the noise. I don't mind the work. I don't mind the mess. I love sharing my home and my family with friends. These are some of my favorite memories. I'm always the hostess...
olive juice, okay?
emily

Loved the tub of cooziez! Laid back and so fun!!
ReplyDelete