Thursday, November 13, 2014

cabin fever

The temperature dropped down into the 50s, which in Texas equates to a deep freeze. The colder weather has affected the Howells to varying degrees.

I have used the temperature drop as an excuse to immediately pull out all my cold-weather gear even though I spend most of my day in a (semi) heated building. I  hit my low point yesterday when I spun around the office in my winter coat and demanded that each of my coworkers tell me how cute I looked in it.

Joe is using the cold to score unlimited television time. He's logged at least three hours since we arrived home from school today, including the same episode of Yo Gabba Gabba four times. Admittedly, this is mostly because his father is gone tonight and his mother wanted to listen to the new Serial podcast. 

Except for a mild cough and runny nose, William is unaffected by the cold. In fact, he is completely comfortable cruising around our chilly house naked ... and then peeing on my bed ... and then having the gall to look surprised that the bed was wet. The upside of this is warm sheets tonight.

Speaking of ... I better go move the sheets into the dryer. Right after a quick game of slide in our furry socks on the living room floor until one of us inevitably runs into something and injures ourselves. (Cuz we can only play these kind of games when Mr. Howell isn't home...)

Our collective ridiculousness knows no bounds. 

Stay warm my darlings!

olive juice, okay?
emily 


1 comment: