Today ...
Today I left a dark, silent, sleeping house. Even Eloy couldn't be bothered to lift his head. After two weeks of this, the true meaning of "unGodly hour" is starting to resonate with me. On the upside, I have developed ninja-like silent dressing skills.
Today I was talking to a friend about something that happened this morning ... and I could've sworn it happened yesterday. It's quickly becoming that point in the legislative session where one day feels like two ... or three ... or four.
Today not a single person talked to me about the Oscars last night. It didn't occur to me until just now. That is totally sad. I don't want to live in a world where people are too busy to gossip about television. I may need to seriously rethink my career choices.
Today tried to swipe my state identification card to open the front door to my house. It won't be long until I find myself standing with my hands under the bathroom faucet wondering why the water doesn't automatically flow.
Today I got unreasonably angry with several office supplies, including a particularly craptastic stapler. This anger followed me home where, in the midst of sorting my mail, I wrote there is no f*@king way we are paying this on a United Healthcare explanation of benefits. It felt completely liberating ... even though we all know I am totally gonna pay that stupid bill.
Today I found my husband and eldest son curled up in their respective beds in the exact same sleeping position. The only difference is that Mr. Howell was cuddled up with his laptop and Joe with his security blanket. Most adorable ever. Both of them. Tied for first.
Today is almost tomorrow ... and I have to be back up in five hours. I really should get some sleep. Maybe just one episode of something mindless before bed.
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. stuck in my head ... everyday, everyday, everyday.
![]() |
| another hazard of long work hours ... He's mad with power! |

No comments:
Post a Comment