Well ... maybe not if you are back in Texas, but Joe and I are in Chicago and the weather is BEAUTIFUL. We are headed out to see the Cubbies this afternoon and young master Howell is totally stoked!
Did I mention that Joe and I are on a little mother/son trip? We are visiting my sister. No daddy. No little brother. Traveling is a snap with only one kid ... and a total dream with only one BIG kid.
So for all you poor saps back in the real world, I offer the following internet distractions.
- My beloved camp patton blog is SHUT DOWN! What the hell am I supposed to do now? Read books?!?!?!? (At least she's still on instagram.)
- Fall boots are (kind of, sort of, alllllmost) here!
- Did I tell you I totally started a fantasy football team this year in an effort to care/learn more about the sport? It has succeeded 0%. #boymomfail
- Learning to ride a bike at school? Amazing!
- Glad the pope is prepared...
- I recently went shopping for a baby shower and came across this at Buy Buy Baby. Whhhhaaaaatttt????? Seriously. Watch this video. If you've ever struggled with a pack n play, you'll be amazed.
- Very nice article in the Times on divorce.
Well, I'd best be off... we have a lot of city-sploring to do. Joe finds everything fascinating. For example, he learned that multiple families live in my sister's building after he accidentally rang the neighbor's doorbell. Yesterday morning when nothing happened after pulling the chord to the fan instead of the overhead light, he temporarily panicked.
"Did I just turn on the light in the neighbor's house?"
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. and since I'm here ... a classic for you

No comments:
Post a Comment