Saturday, November 7, 2015

errant thoughts

If going to bed at 10:00 on a rainy, chilly Saturday is wrong ... I don't want to be right! And as I drift off all cozy and warm and cuddled in close with one of my handsome boys, I leave you with these errant thoughts ...

I love, I love, I hate, I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake,
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...

I love that my boys have developed occasional Spanish accents. Joe constantly rolls his r's, even with English words and Will drops full-on English-Spanish hybrid words ... like cabio. He means Cowboy (the football kind). I'm a cabio mom!

I love babies. Sweet, squishy, tiny babies. I love them laughing and crying and sleeping and spitting up all over my nice clean shirt. I love, love, love babies. I'm thankful for my precious niece and nephew who give me my much-needed baby fix each week.

I hate piles of wet leaves on my driveway. It's the price of having pecan trees at your house. I know I've complained about them before ... but pecan trees really ARE a pain in the ass. For ever and ever and ever. Can't Texas choose a state tree without the messy side effects?

I hate the new theme song for Whine About It. I still love the series, but I want the old theme song back. Change is the WORST. 

I like this album. I'll admit that I only recently discovered Chris Stapleton. And even then, it was only because of this performance at the CMAs. But he is amazing! And I am officially hooked.

I wish preparing delicious food was as easy as it looks on those Buzz Feed Food videos I see on Facebook. Are you as obsessed with those as I am? 

For goodness sake when is this RAIN going to stop? Don't get me wrong, I'll take any excuse to wear my rain boots, but come on! If this keeps up I might have to buy an actual raincoat... or at least find my umbrella.

I hope my boys continue to love books as much as they do now. There aren't many things sweeter than a big brother reading to his little brother before bed. Swoon. Willie also sleeps with at least two books every night. His favorite right now is Harold and the Purple Crayon. If you haven't read it be warned ... there is a terribly frightening dragon in it. 

I hope their love of music continues too! I'd like to imagine that our family dance parties or road trip sing-a-longs will be some of their favorite childhood memories. I know they are some of my favorite memories so far...

I pray for my family in Chicago right now as they welcome the newest addition to our family. My little sister just had her second baby. A boy (of course) named after our grandad. Send lots of pictures Gigi!!!!

I pray that you all are doing alright. We're headed into a rough time of year for lots and lots of folks. Holidays are hard. And the end of the year can spark panicked reflection on past decisions or missed opportunities. Let me just reassure you now before it all starts ramping up ... it's going to be fine. You are enough. And we are all just muddling through this time of year together. Hang in there.

I will start my holiday shopping EARLY this year. And if I don't ... I will buy everything online to avoid the holiday crowds. No matter how tempting the Black Friday deals look!!!!

won't stress out too much over Joe's 5th birthday party. Gone are the days of elaborate pinterest-y parties at home. He has his own opinions now. And it's kitschy cakes and bounce houses. All. The. Way. And I am (almost) at peace with it.

And for today I'll ignore the rest of the laundry that needs to be folded, fight the urge to start a Netflix binge, and just enjoy the sweet sound of Joe's rhythmic breathing in my ear. And fall asleep content.

Sleep tight my angels. I'll be dreaming of you...

olive juice, okay?
emily

p.s. tonight's lullaby



No comments:

Post a Comment