I have yet to download the pictures from Will's first birthday party this weekend. I promise it's on my "to do" list because they are adorbs. As a concession, I'm offering the following pictures from back in 2011 when I threw another first birthday party ... Mr. Joe's Mustache Bash.
Let's call it a way back Wednesday post ...
Do not be deceived by this picture! I was not nearly as laid back about the party as I appeared. I started planning several months in advance and I'm pretty sure I made everyone around me crazy getting this thing together. And this was pre-pinterest!!!!!
The color scheme was black, blue, and white. Everything had to fit ... no exceptions! (Except maybe the chocolate icing on this mustache cake.) Additional sweets included chocolate cigars and these cute chocolate lollipops.
I made this pull string mustache pinata (which incidentally was a total fail). I also went crazy with the paper cutter, tissue paper, and hole punch to make various other party decorations. (And the balloons! My lord the balloons!!!)
I had a lot of fun drawing the mustaches for these goodie bags which I stuffed with these mustaches, these Wooly Willy toys, and these clip on drink mustaches.
![]() |
| Aunt LuAnne and Bryn |
![]() |
| the McDougals: Ryan, Asher. Karin, and Maisie (in utero) |
But my favorite part was the "photo booth" and resulting pictures. (Again, I made this way harder than it needed to be, but it ended up super cute!)
![]() |
| oh Uncle Kirk ... |
![]() |
| note the coordinating wipe able bib... |
We are firm believers in alcohol at children's parties, so we had plenty of booze on hand plus delicious barbecue provided by our beloved Uncle Kirk. And Joe performed obligatory watch the baby eat his first cupcake routine. It was sufficiently precious.
![]() |
| the birthday boy in the ball pit |
All-in-all very successful, albeit exhausting. I guess it was worth it. Besides... who can resist that face?
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. a little birthday tune and Joe singing a birthday song to a polar bear
.jpg)








.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment