Hello my friends.
Have you been wondering where I have been this week? Why I have neglected my pinterest page? My instagram feed? My blog? Well … I'm having a little problem.
It's the Gilmore Girls. I'm binging and I can't stop.
It started innocently enough when Mr. Howell was out of town. I'll just watch one. Maybe a couple. Then I had to make it through the first season. But then Jess showed up in the second season. I had to watch all the episodes with Jess, including my all-time favorite episode.
Now I have almost made it all the way through season three with no plans of stopping. I've also taken to taking various Gilmore-related quizzes online and watching Gilmore montages on youtube. It's bordering on sickness.
I do this every couple of years or so. I started my love affair with this show while I was studying for the bar exam. I would mainline a few episodes every night before I went to bed. It continued as I began my law career … fresh episodes were always waiting in my DVR … medicine to help me deal with the stresses of the legislative session. And now … the witty dialogue keeps me company when my guy is out-of-town… after my morning run while I get ready … welcome background noise to occasionally drown out various whines and complaints of the two tiny humans I am raising.
I'll spare you all of the Gilmore-related blog posts I've been dreaming up; I know you are not as interested as me … I'll just leave you with this. I have a problem. An obsession really. I have to finish the series (even the terrible, terrible season 7).
Oh, and this has also happened. Poor kid.
I'm not proud of it, but I can't stop. And I wouldn't really want to anyway…
olive juice, okay?
emily
I'll spare you all of the Gilmore-related blog posts I've been dreaming up; I know you are not as interested as me … I'll just leave you with this. I have a problem. An obsession really. I have to finish the series (even the terrible, terrible season 7).
Oh, and this has also happened. Poor kid.
I'm not proud of it, but I can't stop. And I wouldn't really want to anyway…
olive juice, okay?
emily

No comments:
Post a Comment