Happy birthday America!!!!
We got some rain last night! Did you? I spent yesterday on the lake (I'm turning into quite the lake girl this summer … even starting to run into our regular boat crowd in our favorite cove) and we made it in just before it started to pour.
It worked out nicely though because I got home earlier than expected and was met by three happy boys, pizza for dinner, and Pee Wee's Big Adventure. (I was supposed to take Joe to an outdoor screening earlier in the week, but flaked out.) Have you watched this movie? Two thumbs up.
We are taking it relatively easy this weekend, celebrating with some friends and bumming around town. The fireworks here in Austin are way out at the F1 track, so I'm not sure we are going to make it this year. Hopefully the boys are content with the random (illegal) fireworks we get here on the eastside.
Regardless of how you are celebrating the 4th, here are some things you should check out:
- This website that records a trek along the Rio Grande is so cool!
- Who needs one of these?
- I heart Ira Glass. Times article about the recent shakeup of This American Life.
- Weight loss inspiration.
- I came across this horrifying article this week. This has to be fake. The boys' bathroom already always smells like pee … what else am I in for???
I suppose it is time to get everyone dressed for the day. It's been one of those fabulous lazy mornings when nothing in particular is happening … one of those mornings that you look up and it's 11:00, the house is completely wrecked, everyone is still in pajamas, and smiles abound. Maybe we'll stay in until after lunch …
Have a fabulous weekend! USA! USA! USA!
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. a little patriotic tune courtesy of the Boss plus this one that Joe has been singing all morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment