Monday, September 22, 2014

quotes 'n' such


Do you have a pinterest quote board? You really need one. I often peruse mine and think … "that's so totally profound" or "I'm so hilarious." What did we do before ecards? 
 
Anyway… here's a sampling of some quotes from around here lately. Too wordy to fit on an ecard.

 
~from last weekend~
Me: Welcome home! You look good. I really like that shirt on you.
Mr. Howell: Thanks. I like this shirt too! You look … (looks at me, already in my pajamas at 6:45) comfortable.
 
~from last week~
Joe: Hold on! (Runs into the playhouse in Batman costume.)
Mr. Howell: What are you doing Batman?
Joe: I have to send an email. (fake clicking sounds) To Robin.
 
~from last month~
Mr. Howell: Did you drop a marshmallow?
Joe: No. My penis was just itching and I was scratching it.

 
You'll notice there aren't any quotes from Will yet. It's mostly because I rarely understand what he is saying. Starting as a baby in a Spanish immersion preschool has had an interesting effect on his language development. We think he understands more Spanish than English ... and his verbal responses are often a Spanglish blend. (Like "ma" instead of "mas" or "more" or "awa" instead of "agua" or "water."
 
But here are some of Joe's more adorable mispronunciations ... some of which persist to this day.
 

~general mispronunciations~
hamburger => hang-ga-burger
vacation => baycation
pancakes => pampakes
ninja turtle => inja turtle
 
Hmmmmmm... this turned into kind of a jumbled post. Might give you some insight into my current state-of-mind. Also might be time to turn off my brain and try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll watch this or this on Netflix.
 
olive juice, okay?
emily
 
 p.s. Run D.M.C.
these three are never at a loss for words...

No comments:

Post a Comment