Thursday, December 25, 2014

christmas wrap up

Ho-Ho-Ho!!!!  (Or according to my youngest son, ha-ha-ha.) Christmas. Did you survive?

I am happy to report that we made it through the holiday without incident. With many, many, many more legos, but without incident. 

sort legos, read directions, assemble projects. repeat as needed.

sweet duplo skateboard ramp?

A few things:

I stayed in my pajamas the entire day. Hosting 20 or so guests for brunch didn't even deter me. In my defense, I started the day with every intention of getting dressed ... shower, hair wash, the whole nine yards. One toothpaste mishap and broken bottle of perfume later landed me right back in my pajamas.  I didn't even dry my hair ... what's that saying? Wet hair, warm heart, can't lose?

Speaking of my hair. My affinity for the sock bun has caused my hair length to go unchecked. Seriously. Looking at it today, it has gotten l-o-n-g. What do you think? Has it reached the "I love horses" stage? Please intervene as needed.


In other news, I have a new favorite Christmas beverage. It's equal parts coffee, homemade eggnog (trust me), and brandy. Talk about your Christmas spirit. A-maz-ing. Forget anything bad I've ever said about Mr. Howell's taste in food. He is a culinary genius.  New tradition. I will be drinking these on Christmas in the nursing home (or, more likely, the mental health facility). Don't worry mimosas and coffee with Baileys. I will always love you.

Joe took an epic three-plus hour nap ... and didn't wake up until close to 6:00. It is now 11:00 and he is still awake ... and singing loudly in his bed. It's a holiday medley. We Wish You a Merry Christmas (although he insists that we bring him some piggy pudding), the Twelve Days of Christmas (did you know you can get a party in a pear tree?), and a sampling from the Nutcracker.


Related fact: As I lounge comfortably in my son's loft bed, I can validate that heat does indeed rise. Science. Gonna have to concentrate hard not to fall asleep up here when I close my laptop. I really should be making road trip preparations, but I'm getting drowsy. In fact, I think I can make out some dancing sugarplums now ...

Merry Christmas my dear friends ... and Happy Howell-idays to you.

olive juice, okay?
emily

photo by LuAnne Ainsworth
photo by LuAnne Ainsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment