I had big plans to drag myself out tonight. It's SXSW time here in Austin and all the cool kids are doing it. Gawk at all the out-of-towners descending on my neighborhood. Listen to some music by bands I've never heard of. Eat a meal sitting on the curb outside a bar.
But that sounds exhausting. Instead, I think I'll stay in and enjoy some errant thoughts...
I love, I love, I hate, I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake,
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...
I love my boys. I guess that goes without saying, but things seem especially smooth right now. Four years old and twenty months old is a near-perfect combination. They talk ... and play ... and laugh. And I know that memories are being made. How special it must be to have a brother!
I love SXSW time in Austin. Long gone are the days when I meticulously mapped out my musical game plan, but I can still participate in a more limited capacity. Everything's walkable or bike able. Plus you can't beat the sounds of nearby music floating into your living room through an open window on a sunny, cool afternoon.
I hate SXSW time too. It hits a little too close to home ... like literally a few blocks from my house. The noise is more annoying when you aren't taking part in the fun. And the traffic! Inconvenient coming to and from work downtown during the festival.
I hate peeling apples. Ever since I saw this scene from Sleepless in Seattle, I've had this notion that I could be that girl. The one who can peel an entire apple in one, long, curly strip. Alas, I am not. And will never be.
I like silliness. I like the little boys' brand of slapstick physical humor. I like the general absurdity that flows from a lunchtime conversation at work. I enjoy ridiculousness. Thanks for playing with me.
I wish I could get this theme song out of my head. It's been there for well over a week and a half and I cannot, cannot, cannot get it out.
For goodness sake, sing out loud. Regardless of whether you can actually sing on key or not. Singing makes me so happy. And I know it makes you happy too ... so just do it.
I hope you are doing okay. Are you okay my darlings? I have been too busy at work to check on you. Please know I am still here. I am rooting for you. Always.
I hope we'll get to see each other again very soon. I really do. Come over and see me! Drag me and my unwashed crew out of the house to do something fun this weekend. And if I'm not home, repeatedly send me texts until I answer. I'll thank you for it.
I pray I make it through the 84th legislative session! So far, so good. Are you counting the days with me?
I pray you make it to the end of session too. Even if your life doesn't revolve around the Texas legislature, you can count the days until summer. It won't be long until it's here! Let's have some cold drinks at the pool ... on the boat... in the sun!
I will wear my green dress and celebrate St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. And I'll pinch whoever isn't wearing green. I pledge my unwavering enthusiasm... whether my coworkers share this enthusiasm or not!
I won't cut William's hair just yet. It's getting out of control and at times he looks like a wild man, but I'm not ready to tame that beast. I may need to invest in some detangling spray, however...
And for today, I will go to bed early. Crawl under the sheets with my sweet husband and talk about everything and nothing. Talk until we fall asleep. And really appreciate our comfortable bed and lovely, lovely life.
Goodnight all you party people. I'll see you tomorrow.
olive juice, okay?
emily

No comments:
Post a Comment