I love, I love, I hate, I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake,
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...
I love certain clothes on Mr. Howell. I was reminded of this when I saw him at lunch the other day and he was wearing a different shirt than in the morning. He cleans up so well, I'm happy to have a partner who is both intelligent and handsome.
I love my new job. Have I mentioned that yet? Each day I am more confident that I made the right decision for me. The work is interesting and challenging and the people are amazing. And genuinely liking the people you work with goes a long way, doesn't it?
I hate that there aren't more hours in the day. Between working and just the daily upkeep up life (you know, the routines associated generally with the house and children) there isn't much time for many adventures. I guess that's why we need to find the joy in everyday life.
I hate uninvited negative thoughts. I caught myself doing this a lot last weekend while traveling. Being annoyed by the older lady playing her solitaire game loudly on the plane next to me or the young, enthusiastic musician with a voice that carried two rows over. Ridiculous grandma. Insufferable hipster. Where do those judgments come from? I will get better!
I like hearing my sweet baby Will cooing from his crib in the morning. He still coos. And babbles. And laughs. And waits patiently for his lazy mama to drag herself out of bed to help him start the day.
I wish I had more time with my East Side Mamas. Are you there ladies? I am still here. I've been following all your group conversations, I've just been too overwhelmed with living to respond. I need to see your gorgeous faces soon … and squeeze your kiddos tightly.
For goodness sake hug your mama. Mine has done so much for me lately … well really always. No matter what is happening in her life, she always has time for mine. And I bet yours does too. And if not her … someone. Someone who is your person. Hug your person every chance you get.
I hope our family trip to D.C. next week goes well. We haven't prepared anything. Traveling with two kids should be a snap, right?
I hope we grow out of this superhero phase soon. At least the clothes. I have given up arguing about what Joe wears, but seriously … there are some adorable things out there that don't have Spiderman on them.
I pray for more patience with my children. And in general. What would Axl say? All we need is just a little patience...
I pray that you'll have patience too. Can we just all agree to be gentle with each other? I think it would help a lot.
I will get my shed organized. I have to pull out more of Joe's old clothes for Will (he's getting so big) and the mountain of crap they are buried under is daunting. Buying new clothes might be easier...
I won't wear a sock bun anymore this week… maybe.
And for today I have a hot cup of coffee and a cheerful tune stuck in my head. What more could I want?
Hope your day is fabulous.
olive juice, okay?
emily
No comments:
Post a Comment