Monday, October 20, 2014

mama monday (SCL)

Remember my resolution to feature some of my amazing mama friends? Yeah. I've been doing a great job with that one. Anyway … here's installment numero dos. The amazing Ms. Sarah.

I stole this picture from her Facebook page. Yeah… I'm a stalker.
Sarah is my mama girl-crush. When I met her, I immediately resolved to make her my new best friend. Seriously. She's totally cool and hilarious in a dead-pan sarcastic kind of way that I absolutely cannot pull off. (Maybe because of my liberal use of jazz hands and propensity to shriek with delight.) And she's gorgeous! Her face is both comedically expressive and classically beautiful. Like Mary Tyler Moore. Plus she has an adorable son with red, curly hair… swoon!

She's exactly the kind of cloth-diapering, home-birthing, "crunchy-ish" stay-at-home-mama that you'd expect to find here in Austin. (That, admittedly, sometimes sparks pangs of jealousy in my heart-of-hearts.) But the best part about it? She is a zero on the smug-mom-o-meter. Absolutely no judgment as she watches my kids eat Cheetos and throw dirt. 

The thing I admire most is Sarah's authenticity. I've had some hard-core honest conversations with her about a wide rage of topics… and let me tell you … this mama keeps it real.  Unapologetically so. 

But my favorite moment with Sarah was a pretty simple one. It didn't involve any coherent conversation. I bet she doesn't even remember it. She just cried in my kitchen. About nothing. About everything. Because as a mother some days are so hard that you can't stop the tears from coming. And it's good to remind each other that we all have days when we need to break down … even if it's only for five minutes while your kid plays in the other room.

Thanks for reminding me that even the most awesome rock-star mamas have days when your children try your soul. And you still love them. And love being a mom. 

Sarah, if you haven't already figured it out, I think you are the coolest. Let's be besties okay?

olive juice, okay?
emily

p.s. Some Hall & Oates in honor of SCL.

Also stolen from Facebook. Don't you wanna be friends with this couple?


No comments:

Post a Comment