Tonight I bring you the first installment in a five-part-series on what you've been missing here at Casa de Howell during the legislative session. It's definitely not because I lost my stamina 1/5 of the way through a blog post ...
I'll start with a crowd favorite ... William Ainsworth, or "Willie" as he insists on calling himself. It started at school, I imagine as a result of his teacher's mild exasperation and amusement with my youngest son who apparently doesn't like to walk in a line or sit at the table at lunch. (Aye Willie! Shakes her head and smiles.) The name has stuck and now I can't help myself. I mean, come on, doesn't he just look like a Willie?
That hair. It's still curly, curly, curly, but it's also getting l-o-n-g. Exihibit A.
What's a mama to do? Maybe I should break back out the amber teething necklace to complete the look? And speaking of fashion, his sandals are the only currently-acceptable footwear. I dare you to even suggest squeezing those chubby little bread loaves into another pair of shoes. Go on; see how that goes over.
These days Will is into bike rides, apple juice, playdoh, running circles around the living room, and keeping his big brother company on the can. And animal sounds ... all day, every day. He's got a birthday coming up (gasp!) so I guess we'll start cultivating some kind of barnyard/safari theme.
![]() |
| Cinderella's sandals remained ON whilst bowling |
These days Will is into bike rides, apple juice, playdoh, running circles around the living room, and keeping his big brother company on the can. And animal sounds ... all day, every day. He's got a birthday coming up (gasp!) so I guess we'll start cultivating some kind of barnyard/safari theme.
Will also has a new favorite show on Netflix. Joe found it for him. We've watched it approximately 700 times in the last week. I whole-heartedly do not recommend it. Maybe for your worst enemy ... if you want to watch them sink slowly into madness as this song plays over and over and over.
![]() |
| it's taken over my brain |
olive juice, okay?
emily





No comments:
Post a Comment