Wednesday, July 15, 2015

choo! choo! jojo (was) two!

Will turned two this month and we finally had his official party this past weekend. I took exactly zero pictures of the event, but luckily my Aunt LuAnne took lots. And while I shift through those, I offer you some pictures of another birthday party from roughly two and a half years ago.
 
 
 
Joe was WAY into all things wheeled, so we went with a transportation theme and a primary color scheme. I was a HEAVY pinterest user at this point in my life, so of course I made a birthday party idea board. The spread included themed food like dipsticks, traffic lights, and spare tires. Uncle Kirk's famous brisket, while tasty, wasn't on theme, so therefore didn't make the display table.
 

 
You'll notice that this year, I attempted to let go of my over-the-top, handmade, super party tendencies. We'll call the printable decorations purchased on Etsy a success. (At least I didn't spend hours cutting out birthday banners by hand ...)
 

 
 
We still had a ball pit at year two, but the kids were getting bigger. They eventually ousted the babies for some more aggressive pit play.
 


 
There were hats for all. You might observe they are both on theme and fit with the color scheme. This says nothing about my obsessive tendencies ... or if it does, that was sooooo long ago.
 
 
 
And speaking of tendencies, our JoJo didn't develop any shy tendencies during his second year. Center of attention? Entire party staring and singing? Time to smile and do a little chair dance!

 
 
Most people didn't know, but baby Will was already cooking here. This may have been one of our first "family of four" pictures.

 

 
And here are a couple more pictures for good measure. I'm getting a little choked up looking back at some of these pictures. Our kiddos are getting so BIG! Where does the time go? 
 
olive juice, okay?
emily
 
p.s. Another second birthday party here, plus Joe's first and Will's first.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment