Tuesday, August 26, 2014

true confessions

um yeah, it's a party every day around here...

It's Tuesday night folks... seems like a good night for some true confessions!

  • Tonight for dinner, I served sloppy joes, mac 'n' cheese, and potato chips. Nary a vegetable in sight, but I used ground turkey instead of ground beef so that counts as healthy, right? I'm only mildly disgusted with myself.
  • Dinner time with Will has gotten so messy that I actually took off my clothes at the dinner table. Sat there in my bra and underwear in front of Jesus and everyone. It's been over an hour and I still haven't gotten dressed.
  • Tonight I lectured Joe on the importance of eating the "nutritious" meal I prepared before eating dessert. I, myself, ate almost nothing on my plate then promptly downed a vanilla cupcake when he wasn't looking.
  • Joe is currently watching Strawberry Shortcake. He will probably ask to watch several more episodes before bed and I'm so tired I've already decided to let him. This is in no way different from last night when he watched approximately 75 episodes of the same show while dad was at an ACL taping.
  • Mr. Howell is folding all of the laundry. Again. I had big plans to actually help him this time, but laying on the couch watching him is so much more comfortable. Plus I'm trying to psyche myself up to actually put on clothes before I meet people for drinks tonight.
  • As I was typing that last sentence, Mr. Howell looked at me and said, "You know our new neighbors can see into our house." Okay. Fine. I guess I should get dressed.

Oh yeah ... I'm definitely in the running for wife and mother of the year. No contest.

olive juice, okay?
emily

No comments:

Post a Comment