Sunday, January 11, 2015

a case against buying generic

source
It's after midnight and I'm still awake. I'm either developing an immunity to my over-the-counter sleep pills or just a glutton for punishment. Either way I'm gonna regret this come 7:00  in the a.m. when there are two boys jumping on my head demanding pancakes before church.

Might as well go all in and raid the kitchen. Standard go-to-don't-tell-anyone-eat-alone-standing-over-the-sink snack ... saltines and cellophane cheese (judge if you must), maybe a little Julio's salsa (drool) for good measure. Perfect, right?

Wrong. 

Two minutes into my struggle to open the package of crackers without awkwardly ripping the waxy sleeve sending crackers flying, it hit me. Mr. Howell bought these crackers ... and he always buys generic. And. Generic. Sucks.

source
Not that I have a problem with generic food. It's just that the packaging is always, always, always worse. I don't have a huge sample size. Pretty much this example and the generic versus name-brand creamer lid. And that's totally valid, right?

Good.

Let's all just agree not to buy generic anymore. Except generic sleeping pills. Those seem to still be working...

Night. Night.

olive juice, okay?
emily

p.s. related picture ... see below

type "generic cracker" into the google and this is what you get ... wtf?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment