Wednesday, January 14, 2015

adios mofo

It's here. Like really, really here.

That time of year (every other year) that I get super-mega-crazy busy. 


Joe and I had a long discussion about this the other night. How mom would be leaving earlier and staying later at work. How maybe some days I wouldn't see him at all. How session might seem like a long time. We noted the days on the calendar while dad readied himself for single-parenthood. 

There's a mandatory lowering of the household standards in general during session. The laundry piles up. Fresh fruit and vegetables are rarely purchased. A light layer of grime sets in on all surfaces. 

But such is the life of a legislative employee. It's kind of all-consuming. I've made it through three sessions so far, two with young children, so I'm about 73% sure we'll survive the 84th Legislature.

But for now, in the words of our esteemed soon-to-be-ex governor:

Adios mofo. Mom will be back in June.

olive juice, okay?
emily

how one of my coworkers summed up her feelings about the start of session

1 comment:

  1. This is when I never see my hubby for the same reason :(

    ReplyDelete