Wednesday, May 21, 2014
retraction
I've made a terrible mistake.
Remember this post? Well Mr. Howell and I watched Delirious on Netflix last night. Oh. My. Lord. Do not watch it! For the love of all things holy do not watch this comedy special!
I hadn't seen this in about 10-12 years when I originally posted the recommendation and my memories were largely of Eddie's celebrity impressions and stories about his childhood. And, yes, I did remember that there was a lot of really bad language. But it's not even the dirty language. It's the content. The first ten minutes will horrify you.
How could my memories of this be so wrong? I'll refrain from commenting on what this says about the younger version of myself and just apologize for her. And to any of you who took my recommendation.
If you need me I'll be in the corner curled up in a ball...
olive juice, okay?
emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL! I have had this exact same experience! I remember loving a book series when I was a lot younger about typcially young 20-somethings find love etc. Fast forward about 10-12 years, and my precious, godly friend's late teenage-years daughter asked about good books, and I recommended said series. HO.LY. COW was there some raunchy language and inappropriate scenes abound! Good gracious, what was wrong with me??!! LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteOn a more innocent level, I bought the first season of Punky Brewster and plopped my three on the couch to watch with me a couple months ago. Much to my horror, the grandma and Henry were heavy on the sexual enuendos, and my kids were so baffled by the fact that a mom could take Punky to a grocery store and leave her for good...and after her dad already walked out on them!!! Oy vey!! We'll stick to Bubble Guppies for a while longer....
Totes! Is especially hard when they are old enough to ask questions...
DeleteSunshine and rainbows a little bit longer please!