Thursday, May 22, 2014

siblings

This article came out about a year ago … just shy of a month before Will's due date. 

Mr. Howell and I were ready for baby #2. No classes this time; we were just going for it. I guess I expected no surprises. We'd been through this before and I assumed baby Will would be very similar to baby Joe. Boy was I wrong!!!!
Baby Joe (around seven months)
Baby Will (around nine months)

While both of these kiddos are endlessly happy boys, they are like night and day! They look different, have different personalities, and have developed at very different rates. For example:

JOE: bald until he was two years old / WILL: full head of curly auburn hair at six months
JOE: crappy eater / WILL: champion eater
JOE: started talking at nine months and never stopped / WILL: mostly just babbling at eleven months
JOE: champion sleeper / WILL: crappy sleeper
JOE: crawling between six and seven months / WILL: no interest in crawling until almost ten months
Happy and hairless Joe

Equally happy, but with a head full of hair
I know that these differences are probably of little real significance, but it's interesting nonetheless. It makes me wonder how pronounced the boys' differences will be as they grow older. Through a little research (or typing "sibling differences" into the google… same thing), I came across this article and this article.

What about you? How similar are your kids? You and your siblings?

olive juice, okay?
emily

p.s. for all the brothers out there ... the Hollies


No comments:

Post a Comment