Tuesday, June 3, 2014

mini series marathon

Well... I didn't go to bed at a reasonable hour last night. My mid-year resolutions are not going very well. Did I tell you about my mid-year resolutions?

1. drink more water
2. run three times a week
3. jazzercise at least twice a week
4. log my food on my fitness pal
5. get in bed by 10:00 every night

I am supposed to reward myself if I do all five each week. I have yet to earn a reward. (I'm looking at you numbers 1, 4, and 5!) But I digress...

As you know, I decided to stay up past "bedtime" to catch up with Don Draper and the gang at Sterling Cooper. This was a terrible decision. (But we knew that, right?) Terrible because after Mad Men, I discovered that Lonesome Dove was playing on the Ovation network. The entire miniseries. And I caught it at the very beginning. Needless to say I am exhausted today.

source

Totally worth it though. Have you seen the miniseries? Read the book? You must do both. (Did I mention it's available on Netflix?)  I wouldn't consider myself a fan of cowboys or westerns, but this is good. Crazy good. Best ever good. I dare you not to fall in love with Gus and Call. Beautifully written characters.

Almost makes me wanna learn to rope and ride and live off the land. Almost. But I have on my cowboy boots today and that's pretty much the same thing, right?



olive juice, okay?
emily

p.s. mood music and some quotes:

  • “I'm sure partial to the evening,' Augustus said. 'The evening and the morning. If we just didn't have to have the rest of the dern day I'd be a lot happier.” 
  • “If you want one thing too much it’s likely to be a disappointment. The healthy way is to learn to like the everyday things, like soft beds and buttermilk—and feisty gentlemen.” 
  • “Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back.” 
  • “Live through it," Call said. "That's all we can do.” 
  • “Occasionally the very youngness of the young moved him to charity--they had no sense of the swiftness of life, nor of its limits. The years would pass like weeks, and loves would pass too, or else grow sour.” 


1 comment: