I have a love of anything in a pretty package. I am a total sucker for a well-designed product sitting on the shelf at Target. I even have a pinterest board dedicated to fancy ways to wrap presents.
But I rarely do it.
In real life, it usually goes down like this:
- remember that I haven't bought a birthday present exactly 2 hours before the party
- hit up the toy aisle at Target exactly 15 minutes before the party (and say hi to at least one other child on their way to the same party)
- throw "carefully selected" present into a gift bag (also just purchased) just before we arrive at party
I'm trying to do better. In fact, for the last birthday party we attended (last weekend? We are in the thick of the kid-birthday party circuit right now.) I actually purchased a present an entire day before the party. But while congratulating myself for being a super-together supermom, I realized we had no appropriate wrapping materials. (I do, however, have approximately one million baby shower themed gift bags if you need one.)
Always the resourceful mother (or the mother too lazy to make another pre-party trip to the store), Joe and I decorated our own wrapping paper using paper from his easel and various markers and stickers. It was not the prettiest of wrap jobs, but Joe was certainly proud of it. (Damn! I should have done this!) Martha Stewart would've been appalled.
I guess that's what I love most about my pinterest-life. It allows me to exist in an imaginary dimension where I'm the curator of the life I'd like to have. In this world, I buy beautiful clothes for both myself and my daughter, plan exciting vacations, and take amazing photos. (Just to be clear, none of this actually happens...)
Sigh.
So my life isn't wrapped up in a pretty package... but it's a beautiful mess.
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. for fun
Sigh.
So my life isn't wrapped up in a pretty package... but it's a beautiful mess.
olive juice, okay?
emily
p.s. for fun

No comments:
Post a Comment